- Booking is confirmed on the completion of the online booking form and payment of the stated deposit amount on invoice.
- In the case of last minute bookings (within a month) full payment is required to confirm booking. For UK courses Full payment is required four weeks prior to course start date, European courses full payment is required six weeks prior to course start date.
- Fees include all instruction and stated specialist equipment. Additional costs you will be required to cover include, entry into climbing walls, uplift on Gondala or Chair lifts, Hire of ice axes, crampons and winter boots.
- Cancellation four weeks before start date (six weeks for Mountain Training Qualification & abroad courses), will receive the deposit back minus a 10% administration charge.
- Cancellation within four weeks of start date (six weeks for Mountain Training Qualification & abroad courses), will result in loss of deposit and require full payment of course. We strongly recommend you purchase personal cancellation, accident and medical insurance.
- In the extremely unlikely event that Leading Edge has to cancel the course a full refund of the course fees will be given. Please note Leading Edge will not reimburse any lost travel or accommodation costs. We strongly recommend you purchase personal cancellation, accident and medical insurance to cover this.
- Weather and conditions can require a adjustment to the program for safety considerations. Any adjustments will be communicated and agreed with you. An alternative is always available.
Conditions of Participation
British Mountaineering Participation Statement. As part of our online booking form you are required to agree with BMC participation statement, this highlights the fact that the environment we are operating in is dynamic and has potentially high risk situations. Leading Edge instructors are all fully qualified and experienced to work in this environment with you and reserve the right to adjust, relocate or even cancel the day's activities if they feel safety is going to be compromised.
A situation might require rapid action on the part of the instructor to ensure safety. Where possible the reasons for any such decision/action will be discussed with you before, if this is not possible due to the dynamic nature of the situation the instructor will discuss and explain after. For the safety of you, your instructor and possibly people around you must follow all instructions given. If you are at all concerned or unhappy about any decisions made you must raise this with your instructor at the time and contact Leading Edge directors, Samantha Leary or Catherine Wilson afterwards.
Leading Edge can and does work with under 18's but for this to take place the parent or guardian must accompany the minor on all activities.
Leading Edge works on 'challenge by choice'. If at any time you are uncomfortable or wish to stop please inform your instructor immediately. They will then discuss with you the options should you wish to cease partaking in the activity. On bespoke courses an alternative will be offered where location and time allow.
Should you wish to withdraw while out on a group activity this may require all clients to return to a safe road side location if the instructor deems conditions too serious for you to remove yourself from the environment. No refund will be given in this instance. We strongly recommend you purchase personal cancellation, accident and medical insurance to cover this.
If you insist on removing yourself from the group against the instructor's advice then Leading Edge and the instructor will no longer hold a professional duty of care or be held accountable for your actions and any outcome resulting from them.
Leading Edge are committed to equality and work hard to allow access for all to the outdoors. Medical conditions which are known and managed well do not preclude participation on our courses. Courses can be demanding physically, mentally and emotionally, it's is essential that you declare on your Leading Edge booking form and inform your instructor on the day of any issue which may impact on your participation, safety and enjoyment of the day. You must inform your instructor immediately on anything that arises during the course of the day, they can then work with you and take appropriate action suitable to the issue, location and conditions.
Booking & Payment